Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Understated

To say that I got a sunburn would be an understatement. I don't have any pictures, but I went fishing this past weekend, and...well...I got cooked. I think my brain is even trying to adjust to the extra heat radiating from the part in my hair and surrounding areas (BLAST my THIN hair!!) and my nose. My arms are radiating heat from them. Comments at work today included that I was glowing, Rudolf, and what fun did you have this weekend. One friend gently laid her cool hands on my arms to help me feel more at ease. It could have been worth forgetting the sunscreen had I caught my limit. Instead, my niece and nephew each snagged a crawdad, and I didn't get so much as a nibble. Three hours in the hot sun, and all I'm going to have to show for it in a week is lizard skin and blisters. I guess the weekend wasn't a total bust. I did get to sit in traffic for three hours on the highway 6 road, listen to some good ole' music, and eat too much. All in all, it was a weekend away, and I guess that's all that really counts.

4 comments:

Kaydi Paxman said...

aloe vera is your friend! feel better soon!

SHELLS BELLS! said...

Oh Telle! So sorry you are fried. I hope you feel relief soon, but I'm glad you had a good weekend.

Suedles said...

I hate being sunburned! :( I hope it heals quickly Friend!

Shannon said...

Sun burns are the worst! So sorry lady! I got burned this psat weekend too.