I once was outgoing. I once was funny. I once smiled because it was how I felt. I once was strong.
Once upon a time, the world I knew broke. Once upon a time a new day was a new fear. Once upon a time, I was directionless, lost in the world, and scared.
Today I am building again. I do so slowly, carefully, and with extra caution. Still, the world I face holds many fears, insecurities, and the pains of lonliness. Have you ever wanted the attention of someone so much that when they finally give it, all it brings is tears, fears, and another fall.
Once I felt acceptance and love and friendship. Once I didn't fear every word I spoke would hurt me or those around me. Once I had confidence. Once I was brave.
Once I was.
4 comments:
You're such a great person and I hope that you'll be able to get past those fears to see the real you and all the greatness you possess! You are one of the most kind hearted people I've ever met. I think of you all the time! I love you - hang in there!
Wow Telle, that was absolutely beautiful. Did you write that? That was pure feeling and evokes so much emotion. You are truly amazing even in your struggles, especially in your struggles. I love you tons and hope you can feel the Spirit of our Savior this Christmastime. Keep putting one foot in front of the other. You are SO MUCH BETTER than you think you are. Lots of love, - EM
"Today I am building again." Well said, Telle. Know you are loved.
You ARE amazing Chantelle and that has NEVER been different in my eyes and heart.
Post a Comment