Saturday, March 14, 2009
Wedding Weekend and Grandma
It's been a busy weekend, with three friends getting married, a test, and a few other here and there's. (BTW, Happy 1st anniversary Dan and Lindsey!) So, in between a couple of receptions, I stopped in to see Grandma. What a nice little chat we had. She told me all about her boyfriends, (from age 12 to Grandpa!) Then she told me a little about their story, and how she almost eloped! But was reminded that she wanted to get married in the Temple, so she told my Grandpa they could date, but she was going to get married in the Temple. So he investigated the church, got baptized, and then married my Grandma. What a story, they went on their Honeymoon, with her parents, who paid the way. Monday, they celebrate 58 years together. What a blessing. What a wonderful, righteous, loving family they have raised. I'm grateful to have spent some time with her today. What a blessing her choices have been in my life. I love you Grandma!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a cool girlfriend moment with your grandma. I swear I would have been best friends with one of my grandmas if we had grown up together. I love to hear her childhood stories.
Thanks for the shout out!!!
Post a Comment