Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Giver

So, I just finished reading "The Giver" by Lois Lowry. It was interesting. Right from the beginning I could see where the book was going with all it's "sameness". But the end, well, it left me for wanting. I know I have my own conclusions about the end, but wondered if anyone else had read the book, and what your take on the ending might have been. Anyone care to share?

4 comments:

A STAR is born said...

Hi Chantelle! Lovely meeting you on the blogosphere.
I actually really love this book--one of my favorites. Not sure why....probably just the vivid pictures I get from the writing.
What did it leave you wanting?

Telle said...

I guess I was looking for a more complete ending. Where did he end up? Was there something really there? Or was it a hallucination? I guess I was just left with some questions I wanted answered.

Lohra said...

Kind of like life.

Anonymous said...

HEY!! You're in BIG trouble for not telling me that you have a blog. I don't know how I have missed out on such JOY for all these months. Hurt feelings aside, I would love to see even more posts now that I've found this treasure trove.

As for the question about the Giver, I haven't read it for a very long time and now you are making me want to. Let me get back to you in a month or so.